admission
last year i sent out over 50 christmas cards. i understand that may not be a big amount compared to what other people send out every year. but for a single person, that's a lot of damn cards. so this year i decided i'm going to take the "send a card after you receive a card" approach. (don't -tsk- me. everyone does it. i'm just admitting it.)
so far this year i've received 4 cards. that's it. four. and one was addressed to the wrong address. i think my new approach is probably a good one. i don't want people mailing me cards out of obligation. don't get me wrong. i will still send out cards to people, and i will email a lot of cards to save on stamps. i'm just sayin'...
4 Comments:
Tony and I sent out about 50 cards last year - don't forget I come from a family of 8, so right there alone! We didn't even send to all my dad's siblings. After those first 50+ went out, we had a few stragglers come from people we didn't send to, so we had to send out 5 or so more. I think in toll it was 59 cards. That's a heck of a lot! And they were photo cards, to boot! You know...young love and all. It can be crazy expensive, you know! Stamps alone!!!
This comment's word verification: LOTFTD
A high volume of effort for little perceived return.
"Last year's Christmas card extravaganza was such a LOTFTD, that this year, it's tit-for-tat!!!"
i sadly agree. There are folks that I had not heard from that I was still sending to after college. There are family/friends that are on the "Always send" list just becaose of how important they are to me, but there is also a fine line for cards as well...It does get to be ALOT!!!! And if I haven't heard from you...gotta draw the line...
What are your feelings on form letters? LOL!! Cause mine is coming soon and I get so much FLACK for it!@
brandon we LOVE your form letter. just another way to live those crazy exploits only you can have :)
sg - no worries on the cards. it's expensive to be sure.
I send out about 50 or so also and same as Carolyn I kind of pick and choose which family members to send. I do a form poem instead of letter. Hopefully that's ok.
Brandon - I like knowing what you've been up to! Keep the letters coming :)
Merry Christmas all!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home